Summer on the Cuyahoga offers talented students a paid internship experience in a variety of fields.
To apply for a position
- You must first login with or register for a new account with Summer on the Cuyahoga.
- Once you are logged in, please complete the student Profile by clicking on the icon on the main menu in the Students Area.
- Once your profile is updated, click on the 'Search job postings' icon on the main menu in the Students Area or click on 'Apply for a job' on the Jobs menu. Now you can browse through all available positions from local employers. When you find one that interests you, click on it to learn more.
- Please read the job description carefully. If you believe that you have the qualifications and wish to apply for the position, just click on the 'I'd like to apply' button at the bottom of your browser window. If you don't wish to apply for this job, click your browser's back button.
- To finish applying for this job, just upload your resume from your computer. That's it!
Employers are encouraged to follow up with applicants within a week, but if you do not hear from them, you may wish to politely make direct contact with the person listed on the Job Description. Employers are encouraged to update your application status on the web site. If an employer chooses to interview you, you will be contacted to arrange a time for a phone interview. If an employer chooses to offer you a position, they will do so via the Commitment Letter. You are expected to respond to the Employer's offer of an internship within two business days.
New internship opportunities will continue to be added to the web site through the month of March and students may apply to positions at any time. Given the popularity of the internships, students are encouraged to apply for positions as soon as they become available. Employers will review the applications submitted and notify applicants by e-mail of their status. As positions are filled, they will be removed from viewing on the web site. The application process will run until April or until all positions are filled.
Applications will be accepted from current sophomores, juniors and seniors. At this time, current first year students are not eligible for positions offered through Summer on the Cuyahoga.
As you view the jobs, the categories should help you prioritize your search, but please remember that some employers’ jobs may cut across different functions. (For example, several Cleveland Metroparks positions may be in the Environment category, but their Accounting Intern position would be listed under Finance & Accounting.)
You may apply to as many positions as you wish, but keep in mind that you are applying directly to the employer, not to the program. While you will be able to save your application information in the password-protected account that you create, you should tailor each application to what the employer requests.
You will need to login to view the job postings.
ATTENTION YALE STUDENTS:
SOTC Internships will appear on eRecruiting. You MUST apply on BOTH the eRecruiting site and the Summer on the Cuyahoga website for SOTC internships.